There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Before the Sun

It is 11 am and my inner hobbit is once again coming out in the form of second breakfast.

The alarm went off at 5:15 this morning and while I will admit I did not actually get out of bed until 5:33, it was too damn early. I had some coffee and choked down a GU while I did some work. Then at 6:10 it was off to meet some of the C of I kids for a workout. As I left the house, I looked at Drake snuggled up next to the heater and for a split second wanted to trade places with my dog. The sun had yet to show it's face-it was 29 degrees.

In typical fashion, I warmed up with the kids for 20 minutes to Brothers park, followed by drills, shoe change, and a couple of strides. The sprinklers were shut off (thank god) so the 800 meter grass loop was perfectly frosted and ready for running feet. The workout was a fun one-aside from not being able to see where the turns were for the first half-2:00 at race effort/1:00 easy run, continuous for 8 laps (4 miles).

I felt light and quick. My toes were completely frozen but I barely noticed until I finished. My only complaint was that I did not eat enough dinner last night. I was STARVING! Kind of sick to my stomach because of it. Again, you don't notice that stuff until after finishing. It was beginning to get light. A quick change of shoes and a cool down back to the college where we did DST (dynamic strength training) in the climbing gym. The workout was complete by 8 am. Awesome.

Back at the house I let Drake out for his crap and gave him breakfast. While I ate my own (scrambled eggs and a fruit/peanut butter smoothie), I became computer-consumed and began working. An hour later, I was annoyed at my lack of good recovery so I showered and followed that with a 40-minute nap. Feelin' stellar.

Just another day, up before the sun.

6 comments:

  1. I had to use my indiglo on my watch yesterday morning in order to see my splits for my 1k repeats on the track yesterday...felt badass and like a crazoooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was ever to construct a "you know your a runner when..." list- that would be on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should tell us what that delicious looking bread is, and what kind of liquid is in your cup!

    Jayne-do it. Make that list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply Apple, apple juice. And my own twist on a traditional fav, pumpkin bread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Andrija you are now a featured blog on fl-races. Call my attorney if you want it removed.

    geo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrija! you are amazing! i love it...and all the Mark Twain quotes too. thanks for writing this blog. I really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete