There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Ready or not.

The morning will bring race day and with it something new. Arrived in Texas last night, we rented a Prius and drove to Gruene Hall (oldest dance hall in Texas) and watched a great show in a fantastic venue. The Bo Phillips band opened for Stoney Larue and rocked the house. We grabbed a bite to eat at a diner across the street and I has the best smoked turkey and avocado sandwich I have ever had. It was unbelievably flavorful and delicious. Fuel for the night. After the show we made our way to San Antonio and after taking a dissatisfying ice bath, I crashed into my bed about 1:30 am.

I have found that ear plugs are a must when traveling. Period. I slept soundly and woke up at 9:45 am. Got up, went for a refreshing and light pre-race run along the famous San Antonio riverwalk and felt like a million bucks.

Had a satisfying brunch at Bill Miller's bar-b-que (shredded chicken, hand-cut fries, peach cobbler, and iced tea) then made our way to the Alamo dome to grab our packets. After a stop at the H.E.B for groceries, it has been a day relaxing at the hotel watching college football and staying hydrated. The weather is perfect. Low humidity and about 50 degrees this evening. For a 7:15 am race start, I would say...magnificent.

Just took an ice bath followed by a warm shower 30 minutes later. I am now hunkered down, ready for sleep. It is 9:30 pm. Planning on being up at 5 am. Sometimes I wonder why...then I remember...I LOVE racing. I am privileged to be able to compete in such a great sport. No matter the result tomorrow morning, I will enjoy the process of the moments that make up the result. Because I run for those moments, the result is just whip cream. G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment