Monday, January 24, 2011

Calling all opinions!

For a long time I have been searching and waiting for the perfect tattoo idea to come along. The initial problem was there were too many ideas and I wanted to find a way to combine them. Then, once they were combined in my head, how could I get it out? This is where my good friend, Chris Chandler came into the picture. The guy is a genius. Period. Check out his online portfolio:  http://www.nappinggoat.com/home.html.

In short, the image combines my near obsessive love of owls (for many reasons), running, and the initials & date are representative of my baby nephew, Jacob Enoch and the day he passed away.

After only a few drafts Chris had it nailed. Now, I am ready to take the plunge (well, once I have some income coming in). However, I cannot decide where to place it. Here is what I am thinking, ribs, outer thigh, or left scapula. What do YOU think?


4 comments:

  1. My family has a big connection with owls as well so I very much love this tattoo of yours! Your friend is very very talented! My vote is for left scapula. absolutely. That way if you decide to expand in the future, another owl can easily be worked in on the opposite scapula and give you lots of options in that department! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tat idea Andrija! It definitely embodies some of the most important things in your life. Love it!

    I vote RIBS!! I LOVE rib tats, but a lot of people won't get them there simply because they are painful. I think they are beautiful, daring, sexy, and edgy in a nice way. It will hurt (I got mine there), but it's a bit like approaching a race - just remember the pain is temporary.

    Oh, and also, the number 1 regret that people have when getting a tattoo is that they wished they had gotten it bigger, so go big or go home. Less ink isn't less noticeable, it just looks more out of place.

    I can't wait for you to get it - I want to see it all done and show you mine :)
    <3, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm, so like what part of your ribs...cause that could be interpreted as your sternum, in which case I'd be highly likely to say NO to that...but really, side ribs, back ribs...what?!

    And the whole outter thight thing would be just another runner tat...which is what I wanted and why I got it where I did.

    Oh, and would you like to do this in a very classy way with Jayne and I when we get our Idaho tats on Idaho's bday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so it is down to ribs or left scapula. By ribs, I mean, lower ribs. Only seen when wearing bikini or sports bra alone.

    ReplyDelete