Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year to All

It may be premature but I am all about positive thinking in most cases. Went on my first test run in over 5 1/2 weeks. To be on the safe side Pat only had me run 6 minutes with a 2 minute walk on either side. I preceded the run with an hour of yoga on the beach and followed the run with a DST session.

While I will not lie and say I felt awesome and there was no pain and all that jazz, I take comfort in the fact that it is no worse AFTER running than it was before. At this point it feels like soft tissue stuff from not using it forever. But, time will tell. And I hope it will tell me good things.

Just spent several hours lying on the beach reading and alternately jumping in the ocean for a swim. The sun is finally shining on us in Hawaii and it is about time. A great way to ring in the new year.

This IS the year, just as the other years have been. I have high expectations for myself and my running this year and have no reason why it should not be a season of success. After battling double hernias and this latest stress fracture I have learned a bit about resilience and feel that I am only the better for the injuries I have had. I mean really, what other way is there to look at it.

Cheers to 2011 and all the running there is to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment