1) KT tape -http://www.kttape.com/ I credit KT tape with finally curing my plantar fasciitis - once and for all. It has also been key for a number of other minor injuries and currently helping me through a posterior shin issue. Plus, it comes in cool colors.
2) Handful bra - http://handfulinc.com/ A sports bra never looked so good! I love this bra for running, wearing with my favorite t-shirt, using on it's own in hot yoga, and above all for avoiding the dreaded nippage in any setting.
3) Oiselle apparel - http://www.oiselle.com/ I swear, this love is real. Yes, I am lucky enough to be sponsored by this rad company but I put this highly functional and fashionable apparel to the test every day. And every day I am satisfied with it's performance and more importantly, my performance in it (here is one of my favorites, the Roga short).
4) Nuun - http://www.nuun.com/ My go-to electrolyte replacement drink. I am drinking it as I write this. Lots of flavor choices but my favorite is tri-berry and banananuun. It makes hydrating easier for me.
5) Think Thin Protein Bar - http://www.thinkproducts.com/2011/ An easy way to get your post-workout protein in a not-so-chalky bar. This bar spells immediate recovery for me with 230 calories, zero sugar, 20 grams of protein, and gluten free - along with loads of vitamins and minerals. I am a big fan of the dark chocolate flavor. Not a huge fan of the name but love the product.
6) Bone-Up - http://www.jarrow.com/product.php?prodid=205 I take a few supplements regularly - fish oil, vitamin D, calcium, and iron. But when I was taken down with a stress fracture at the end of 2010, I talked with Mike Johnson (Western Oregon University's head track & field coach) after a failed attempt at running after 7 weeks off - he suggested Bone-Up. Within a week I was running again with no bone pain and a visit to the PT confirmed the bone healed. I have discontinued taking my separate vit D and calcium supplements and instead take 4 Bone-Up capsules per day. Great find, especially for the female runner.
7) Paleo Diet for Athletes - http://thepaleodiet.com/ This book is my guide to nutrition. Although, I don't follow it to the "t" I try to abide by the guidelines and believe it has made a world of difference in my recovery and in my lean muscle development.
8) Brooks T6 (now the T7) - http://www.brooksrunning.com/ Hands down the best racing flat I have ever worn. Perfect for track workouts, road races, or any time you just want to feel and be FAST! I remember the first race I wore these shoes in, a road 5K back in 2005. Never had I finished a race an not had sore calves
until this race. I credit the racers and have continued to use them with great success.
9) Foam roller - http://www.focus-pt.com/index-1.html How could I get through a list like this and not mention the foam roller, a staple in my training routine since about 2005. It was first introduced to me by my physical therapist, Mike Devitt - video link for foam roller exercises - and with almost daily use, my IT bands and calves stay happy and healthy.
There are several other training "aids" that I use on a regular basis, such as, yoga, high-potency iron, and napping to name a few. But, how about you? What keeps your body healthy and happy?