Friday, June 3, 2011

The end is where we start from.

"What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make the end is to make the beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot.
With this quote in mind, I approach the end of a racing season. This is an interesting and even exciting thing for me. Interesting because it is change and thus a tad bit frightening, and exciting because I am tired. Don't get me wrong, I love racing. If I had it my way my body would be invincible, my mind would never tire, and I would never take a break. But as my grandma says, 'you can wish in one hand and sh** in the other and see which one fills up faster' and so...I take breaks when they are called for.

Next Friday, I will step onto the track for my final race of the season and then off the track and into break time. Break time for me is usually about three weeks, one week of not running at all, one week of running when I want to, and one week of light, structured running. In the meantime, I double up on yoga, hike to my hearts content, and maybe this time around I will try a little rock climbing with my friends Jayne and Geoff.

What does an end mean for/to you? Is it a beginning or just that, an end?

For me, it's all one big journey of starting, stopping, turning around, re-routing, and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment